Kitesurfing is the combination of kite flying skills and board control. The one day kitesurfing course is aimed at complete beginners and a great introduction to the sport. Initially learning the fundamentals and kite control whilst covering safety, site assessments, and kite set ups, then moving into the water for body dragging and self rescue techniques. The course is 90% practical and brilliant fun!
1 Day Course Outline:
- Introductions with site assessment
- Fundamentals of kitesurfing - wind, sea conditions & equipment
- Beach Power kite / trainer kite flying
- Static flying exercises
- LEI* (water kite) assembly
- Safe kite launch / land techniques + pre flight checks
- Flying of LEI’s using harnesses
- Controlled Body dragging - the really fun part!
- Emergency pack down / Self rescue techniques
- Debrief and hand outs
*Leading Edge Inflatable - these are the kites we use for kitesurfing in the water.
This is just the beginning; we highly recommend taking further lessons on the two or three day course to complete the body dragging exercises, become really proficient with the kite and move onto the board. Although the one day course covers a lot of information and is a great, fun, adventurous experience, you will not cover enough to learn the sport and continue on your own.