This 2 day beginner course is ideal as an entry into the sport of kitesurfing. The first day is run along the same outline as The Kitesurf Centre's 1 day kitesurfing lesson - an introduction to kitesurfing and the fundamentals, how to fly a small trainer kite, setup of a kite and bodydragging techniques in the water. As with all TKC courses, all of the necessary equipment is supplied. The 2 day kitesurfing lesson is run very frequently between March and November at weekends; making it ideal for a weekend break with friends or partners.
2 Day Course Outline:
- Introductions with site assessment
- Fundamentals of kitesurfing - wind, sea conditions & equipment
- Beach Power kite / trainer kite flying
- Static flying exercises
- LEI (water kite) assembly
- Safe kite launch / land techniques + pre flight checks
- Flying of LEIs using harnesses
- Controlled Body dragging - the really fun part!
- Emergency pack down / Self rescue techniques
- Own set-up of LEI kite
- Controlled downwind, direction, upwind and balance bodydragging
- Introduction to boardstart theory
- Boardstarts in the water
- Continuous riding with constant power delivery from the kite
- Edging the board and controlling the speed
- Upwind riding
The lesson is completed with a debrief and individual suggestions on how to continue the sport. Each student is given a handout package including BKSA/IKO certification, magazines, stickers and information about suitable kites and boards to buy. There is huge amount to cover and learn in the 2 day kitesurfing course, if you are keen to take up and continue the sport we usually advise stepping-up to the 3 day kitesurf course.