Looking to take up kitesurfing as a sport to do in your own time? Start here. Following on from the one and two day kitesurfing lessons, the third day of this course provides another full day of tuition to really master your board control and become an independent kitesurfer. Anyone can attend the 3rd day if you feel you are at the appropriate level whether or not you have completed the 1 or 2 day course with us previously. As with the second day of the course the third day is also 100% practical.
3 Day Course Outline:
- Introductions with site assessment
- Fundamentals of kitesurfing - wind, sea conditions & equipment
- Beach Power kite / trainer kite flying
- Static flying exercises
- LEI (water kite) assembly
- Safe kite launch / land techniques + pre flight checks
- Flying of LEIs using harnesses
- Controlled Body dragging - the really fun part!
- Emergency pack down / Self rescue techniques
- Own set-up of LEI kite
- Controlled downwind, direction, upwind and balance bodydragging
- Introduction to boardstart theory
- Boardstarts in the water
- Continuous riding with constant power delivery from the kite
- Edging the board and controlling the speed
- Upwind riding
- Competent board starts
- Speed control with board edging
- Control amongst waves
- Advanced equipment tuning and site assessment
- Initiating turns
- Upwind riding
Alongside mastering board starts and producing good length controlled runs while keeping the kite stable, controlled board edging and turns are introduced with the aim to ride upwind.
This third day of tuition offers the extra time needed to become independent during kite launch/land and water re-launch as well as having the opportunity to experience different sea and wind conditions.
The lesson is completed with a debrief and individual suggestions on how to continue the sport. Each student is given a handout package including BKSA/IKO certification, magazines, stickers and information about suitable kites and boards to buy. There is huge amount to cover and learn in the 2 day kitesurfing course, if you are keen to take up and continue the sport we usually advise stepping-up to the 3 day kitesurf course.
Our course bookings are flexible so if you are unable to take days off work it is possible to complete the 3 day kitesurfing course over two separate weekends. Furthermore if you have previously attended a kitesurfing lesson with The Kitesurf Centre, you can pickup the course from where you left off previously.