Looking to take up kitesurfing as a sport to do in your own time? Our zero to hero course takes you from a complete novice to a fully independent and confident kitesurfer, safe in the knowledge that you have all the skills needed to continue the sport. Following on from the one, two and three day kitesurfing courses, the additional days of instruction in this course provide more time to consolidate your skills, along with equipment theory and understanding of the various kite and board types available; and some advanced wind, weather and sea condition tuition. By the end of this course you'll be fully up-to-speed with the world of kitesurfing, and able to confidently take the sport on independently anywhere in the world.
5 Day Zero-to-Hero Course Outline:
- Introductions with site assessment
- Fundamentals of kitesurfing - wind, sea conditions & equipment
- Beach Power kite / trainer kite flying
- Static flying exercises
- LEI (water kite) assembly
- Safe kite launch / land techniques + pre flight checks
- Flying of LEIs using harnesses
- Controlled Body dragging - the really fun part!
- Emergency pack down / Self rescue techniques
- Own set-up of LEI kite
- Controlled downwind, direction, upwind and balance bodydragging
- Introduction to boardstart theory
- Boardstarts in the water
- Continuous riding with constant power delivery from the kite
- Edging the board and controlling the speed
- Upwind riding
- Competent board starts
- Speed control with board edging
- Control amongst waves
- Advanced equipment tuning and site assessment
- Initiating turns
- Upwind riding
- In depth equipment theory with information about different kite and board types, shapes, designs and how each feature affects their performance
- Advanced wind, weather and sea conditions knowledge
As well as the extra useful theory there will also be a large amount of practical time spent with the kite and board in the water. This advanced course gives you the extra time to really master the kite skills and concentrate on the board control riding techniques. Weight distribution used effectively allows a better stance and full control in various conditions, the course works on this important factor. With this extra control and skill you can then progress onto riding in both directions with turns and then onto smooth slide and carve turns. The course also covers how to use the board effectively to produce 'pop' and lift, creating your first jumps!
After completing this intensive kitesurfing course you should have the knowledge and skills needed to continue the sport solo, including choosing suitable wind, weather, location and equipment. You will be able to kitesurf anywhere safely and most of all have loads of fun!
The lesson is completed with a debrief and individual suggestions on how to continue the sport. Each student is given a handout package including BKSA/IKO certification, magazines, stickers and information about suitable kites and boards to buy. Furthermore, those who complete the course will recieve the opportunity to purchase their first kite setup from The Kitesurf Centre at a special discounted rate.
Our course bookings are flexible so if you are unable to take days off work it is possible to complete the 5 day kitesurfing course over separate weekends. Furthermore if you have previously attended a kitesurfing lesson with The Kitesurf Centre, you can pickup the course from where you left off previously.