This 2 day beginner course is ideal as an entry into the sport of kitesurfing.
Your first day of training covers kitesurfing fundamentals:
1. How to set up, launch, land & fly a trainer kite
2. How to set up, launch, land & fly a "water" kite
3. Safety systems & hooked in harness flying
4. Assisted launching & landing
5. Safety (emergency) pack down & self rescue techniques
6. Kitesurfing theory, tide & weather systems
7. Legal requirements, insurance, hand signals
8. Local requirements
On the second day we want to get you riding as quickly as possible so now swiftly move onto the following:
1. Body dragging using a kite on the water.
2. Body dragging static & balanced, upwind & downwind
3. Board start theory & practice
4. First ride theory & practice
5. Continuos riding theory & practice
6. Maintaining constant power delivery from the kite
7. Board edging & speed control
8. Upwind riding
9. First turns theory & practice
The 2 day kitesurfing lesson is run on the weekends and Thursday & Friday of the week between March and November making it ideal for a break with friends or partners.